Vegetable Fried Rice
Who doesn’t love fried rice and everybody will love this fried rice! Make a ton of this, talk about a “carry with” must!
Recipe: Vegetable Fried Rice
Note: Using brown rice will give you lasting
3 cups cooked organic brown rice
2 cups fresh vegetables, chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 eggs, (one whole egg, one just the eggwhite) lightly beaten
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
1. In a large pan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add onion and rice. Stir and cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add vegetables and meat to rice mixture. Cook 5-7 minutes for fresh vegetables.
3. Spread the mixture out to the sides of the pan, leaving space in the middle for the eggs.
4. Add the eggs, and scramble until cooked firm.
5. Mix the eggs with the rice and vegetables, then sprinkle with soy sauce.
Fat: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 23.5 g
Protein: 4.6 g
P.S. From Your SPO Concierge…Be sure to check all of Susan’s upcoming appearances as she promotes her new book “The Politics of Stupid.”
If you’re in the NYC area, tune into CW 11 Morning News from 6:00AM-9:00AM on Friday, May 16th.
Tune into Fox and Friends this Saturday, May 17th from 7:00AM-10:00AM EST.
As always, check out susanpowteronline.com for the most up to date information and behind the scenes fun!