Split Pea Soup…
04/21/2008 | by Susan Powter
Filed under: |
Of course I’ll give you the split pea soup recipe
And what better time than Earth Day to make
A simple, green, stunner of a soup that the next day makes one hell of a pate…
Recipe: Split Pea Soup
1 teaspoon oil (optional)
1 large onion, minced
2 carrots, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
1 to 1 1/2 cups split peas (green or yellow)
6 cups water
1 strip kombu (edible kelp)
Pinch of sea salt
1. Dice vegetables then saute in oil 3 to 5 minutes or simply layer in soup pot.
2. Sort split peas and wash.
3. Add peas to vegetables with water and kombu.
4. Bring to boil, skimming foam. Reduce flame. Place on flame tamer and simmer 1 hour until peas are very soft.
5. Remove kombu, dice and return to soup.
6. Season with sea salt.
P.S. From your SPO Concierge…Susan is heading down South this spring, and you have two opportunities to eat, breathe, move and think with her! Susan will be appearing at the NBC6/Telemundo51 Health & Fitness Expo in Miami, FL on 4/26 and at the NBC17 Health & Fitness Festival in Raleigh, NC on 5/17. Get all the details here!