Roasted Potato Dill Salad…
04/23/2008 | by Susan Powter
Filed under: |
The beginning of the summer salads
Some of the best carry-with-food you can make
And make a ton because it’s fabulous!
Recipe: Roasted Potato Dill Salad
2 lbs of small red potatoes – cleaned and quartered
1 medium red onion – cut into thick slivers
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 teaspoons tamari
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 scallions – thinly sliced
4 tablespoons fresh dill – chopped
2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Cook potatoes in water until soft.
2. Place the potatoes and onion in a small mixing bowl
3. Combine the oil, tamari, vinegar, and seasonings.
4. Pour mixture over the potatoes and onions. Stir to coat evenly.
5. Spread the mixture on a cookie sheet and place in the oven on broil.
6. Broil for 10 minutes. Check the potatoes and stir. Broil an additional 10 minutes or until they are browned.
7. Place the broiled potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
8. Add remaining ingredients and combine. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve warm.
P.S. From your SPO Concierge…While enjoying your summer salad, make sure you’re protected from the summer (well, spring) sun!