Bean Salad… 03/21/2008 | by Susan Powter Filed under: | A make tons and have it ready in your fridge dish…if ever there is one
Carry this nutrient rich salad anywhere you know you’ll be needing real food because it, certainly, is
An absolutely perfect spring or anytime salad
Recipe: Bean Salad
1 1/2 lbs green beans (fresh or frozen), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1, 15-oz can cannellini beans (or any white bean), drained and rinsed
1, 15-oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium purple onion, chopped finely
5 tbsp rice vinegar
4 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: a splash of honey
1. While the green beans are steaming, make the dressing. Whisk vinegars, oil, salt and pepper, and onion. Pour into a large bowl. (Flavor is best when green beans are hot, drained, and added to the dressing.)
2. Steam the green beans until tender-crisp. Combine cooked green beans with cannellini beans and kidney beans and add to the bowl with the dressing.
3. Toss salad gently. Chill for at least an hour or more for better flavor.
4. Adjust flavor to taste, add more rice vinegar for a sweeter bean salad or a splash of honey (heat honey to a liquid and whisk in with the dressing).
1. Toss in a can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed.
2. Add some chopped parsley, chopped green onion, or chopped tomatoes
3. Triple the recipe, refrigerate and have on hand when you want a quick whole food…lasts for days
P.S. News alert from your SPO Concierge…Be sure to check susanpowteronline.com this weekend to watch Susan’s adventures aboard the R Family cruise. But for now, spend some time in her wellness community. Have a favorite soup recipe or a tip for overcoming procrastination? You can share in one of the community forums on these topics. Not a member yet? Then join today…it takes less than a minute to sign-up!